Parent Organization: Special Interest Organizations
WHO ARE WE?
A group of passionate students who strive for a sustainable world. Students from across campus with a shared love for the outdoors, and meeting regularly to discuss ways to promote a "greener" campus. We organize events to educate the student body on a broad range of environmental issues and how we can make a great difference in our time in college. We also have fun outings (canoeing, caving, hiking, etc.) to keep close connections with the our members and community.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- Hosting a weekly farmers market on campuse in the spring
- Hosting Fall Sustainability Series on Campus
- Hosting Earth week in the spring
- Hosting Count Down to Earth Week Film Festival in the Spring
- Hosting Green Jobs Fair in the spring
- Leading a fossil fuel divestment campaign
-Partnering with local environmental groups and coalitions
-Working to promote positive environmental changes on campus
- Outdoor sports (i.e hiking, Crosse Country skiing, kayaking, canoeing and biking)
WHERE CAN YOU FIND US?
If you're interested in being a part of Students for Sustainability, come to one of our meetings on Tuesdays at 7 PM in 2213 Centennial Hall. Contact us with questions, comments, gripes, or kudos at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better, it’s not.” --The Lorax