Parent Organization: Special Interest Organizations
HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?
Membership requirements are just attending meetings and events! We do not ask for any amount of volunteer hours or dues. We only ask for your participation and positive attitude! To join all you have to do is email the primary contact listed under the roster page with: your name, year of school, major/minor, and your reason for wanting to join. Get on that email! We look forward to hearing from you!
WHO ARE WE?
A group of passionate students who strive for a sustainable world. Students from across campus with a shared love for the outdoors, and meeting regularly to discuss ways to promote a "greener" campus. We organize events to educate the student body on a broad range of environmental issues and how we can make a great difference in our time in college. We also have fun outings (canoeing, caving, hiking, etc.) to keep close connections with the our members and community.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- Hosting a weekly farmers market on campuse in the spring
- Hosting Fall Sustainability Series on Campus
- Hosting Earth week in the spring
- Hosting Count Down to Earth Week Film Festival in the Spring
- Hosting Green Jobs Fair in the spring
- Leading a fossil fuel divestment campaign
-Partnering with local environmental groups and coalitions
-Working to promote positive environmental changes on campus
- Outdoor sports (i.e hiking, Crosse Country skiing, kayaking, canoeing and biking)
WHERE CAN YOU FIND US?
If you're interested in being a part of Students for Sustainability, come to one of our meetings on Tuesdays at 7 PM in 2211 Centennial Hall. Contact us with questions, comments, gripes, or kudos at email@example.com
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better, it’s not.” --The Lorax